Monday 2 June 2008

Employed, married, travelling!

June is here, for the gemini! I've had a very eventful month of May. First, I got a postdoc job in the eastern US. This necessitated some decision making for my partner and I, since the US has more strict visa laws than Canada or the UK. So we got married! It was planned quickly but turned out very well, with fine weather, friends and fun.

We're now packing up our worldly possessions for shipping, and preparing for a cycling honeymoon in Canada in late June.

Here is a 10 question meme I filled out the day before we decided to get married:

In 10 minutes, I will be working on the figure for the paper I need to resubmit.
In 10 hours, I will be reading a book and worrying about my relationship.
In 10 days, I will be engaged.
In 10 weeks, I will be married and on my honeymoon in Canada.
In 10 months, I will be well into my first postdoc and hopefully have found a nice big cat for me and my husband to spoil.
In 10 years, I will be tenured, living in Canada, possibly a parent, and still with my love.

What about you?

So far so true!

No comments: